“Pulling a good network together takes effort, sincerity and time.”
~ Alan Collins
Many of you have watched us expand this business over the past 5 years and can attest to the direct effect networking has had on our growth. We would be remiss if we didn’t give the topic its due spotlight.
We go to great lengths to inform our members of educational and social events throughout the year. Keep your eye on our meetup.com calendar and watch for special invites to private events like the Note Socials and the Road Shows.
In the meantime keep up the good work and stay at it! Networking is a critical skill that that must be honed, the wise investor uses their network to maximize returns. Here are six networking tips that have helped us along the way:
- Find your people. Every industry has its crowds, find yours. If you can’t find yours, what you have found is an OPPORTUNITY.
- Relax. Whatever you do to relax get it done before the event. We recommend jogging, yoga, breathing, anything to remind yourself that this is just one of many events and interactions you will have during the life of your firm.
- Find common ground. Be relatable.
- Use industry vernacular
- Always have a goal in mind
- Ask questions, then listen to the full answer.
It’s that simple!
Best of Luck!